Wednesday, October 19, 2011

"Oh Darling- Let's Be Adventurers!"

My Darling Reader-

I write to inform you that in 11 days time I will be starting my very first novel!!

I'm using NaNoWriMo and 3 dear friends to blast my writing dream off.

NaNoWriMo, for those who don't know, stands for National Novel Writing Month. I've been familiar with it for several years now but have never considered participating myself. One day, about two months ago, one of my best friends asked if I wanted to write a story along with her. It was like one of those a-ha moments. But of course I wanted to do this- it's one of my top bucketlist items- and I'm always complaining that I can't ever get things done without a bit of pressure. Well 50,000 words in one month sounds like a lot of pressure to me!

I honestly don't know how it's going to get done seeing as I have a very demanding creative class, beaucoup de group projects and on top of it all, I'VE GOT TO FIND A JOB!

And yet, I have a good feeling about it. With my fellow support group, my determination and the competitive challenge firing me up, I believe I can do this.

What if this novel is my ticket to the world? My pass to life?  This novel could be my cafĂ© dans Paris, a view of the cliffs of Ireland, a walk along the Great Wall, and a stroll along the streets of Rome. It could be my everything I always wanted.

So, with my characters fleshed out, my plot outlined, and my ladies at my side- I head off into a bright new future.

With soul,
Ms. Marie

No comments: