Saturday, December 29, 2012

The Bending of Their Minds

Marie King ©

Climbing a mountain... it's a deeply personal and spiritual experience– to be confronted with the capabilities of your body in such a measurable way. To reach the tallest height and to know that it was your own two feet that got you there, to feel the sweat drip down your back in tribute to your achievement, and the heavy rhythm of your lungs fueling your body with pride.

When I finally made it to the top of this mountain, I sat down in utter exhaustion and wrote the following on a small scrap of paper which I just recently found (and thus triggered my writing of this post):

It was on the backs of men that this world was built 
and it was the bending of their minds from which beauty was to be born.

I miss the mountains with such a depth as some people long for their home.

I've never felt so bound by money as I do now, when I have none and can go nowhere but the longer I am trapped, the more certain I know I can't live without these sleeping giants in my life.

Soon my loves, 
MK

I think I first stumbled upon this song in a Norwegian commercial...
I can't quit it.
Maybe you won't be able to either.



No comments: