Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Lit My Fire


I have a thing for books. Old books, new books, red books, blue books. Books, books, books. I love to read more than anything else in the world (besides traveling).

But my books were becoming a problem. There were books on every surface of my rather small room. The ledge (above which the new book shelves were added) was the only designated place I had, and every 6 months I'd artistically rearrange them with little trinkets from my travels and my latest thrift store painting find. Needless to say, every time I wanted to read a book, it would always happen to be at the very bottom of the stack and in my attempts to slip it out, I would inevitably end up in a pile on the ground with my books spread around me. 

So- along with the updated closet that I showed you the plans for- I added book shelves so that my babies now have a home. I have placed my bed under them in the corner, attached a small reading light and stuffed it with pillows. It is my new favorite space in my home and as I've been dreadfully sick these past two days- my life saver!





No comments: