Thursday, November 29, 2012

Digital Road Trips...

Ireland
Sometimes, late at night when I can't sleep, I'll travel around the world. I'll wander the streets of Paris, get lost in the English countryside, and twist my way through the roads of less-touristy Mexican cities.  I'll bike around NYC, drive around Finland or fly above in a satellite, going round and round the earth... stopping only when my eyes are too tired to take in anymore.

Norway
I of course cannot actually afford to go galavanting across the globe for spontaneous midnight adventures, but I can go on Google Maps. It's incredible- the ability to traverse a planet from the warmth of our beds. Someday, when I am no longer burdened by my student debt, I'll get to see it all in the flesh, but for now- I am thankful to live in the 21st century of digital travel. It soothes my restless spirit. 
Mexico
Ireland
Norway
Italy (can't remember for sure)
Norway

And sometimes, I go back to where I was born- Lakeside, Chicago.
Your digital backpacker,
MK

P.S. Fun quirks I've stumbled upon: biking behind the same girl on Governor's Island (NYC) and while going along one road in Canada, the season suddenly changed. Let me know what you find!

P.P.S. All images are snapshots from Google Maps ©

No comments: