Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy NaNoWriMo 2012!!


M'gentleman would like to say Happy NaNoWriMo! It all starts today and I have absolutely no idea where my story is going despite my preparation. I'm just going to wing it and hopefully have something tangible to show at the end.

Prior to last year's NaNoWriMo, I probably hadn't written any stories since elementary school and certainly nothing near novel length. So to be honest, I was quite surprised when it came so easy. It was hard the first few days to make that 1,667 word goal for the day but by the second week, I could bust out 3k, no sweat. I also remember being terrified of dialogue- I was seriously having some anxiety as I neared the point where my character would finally have to interact with another person. And then she did and I never thought about it again.

Writing was a joy and I'm looking forward to this month more than I can say.
I wish all you other NaNoWriMo'ers out there all the best!
Cheers to a wonderful month full of crazy adventures and new characters!

MK

No comments: